Pine Bluff Area Church News Starting 12/24/21
• WHITE HALL UNITED METHODIST CHURCH, 301 Church Drive, will be holding its Christmas Eve candlelight service at 6:30 p.m. today, according to its Facebook page. “Now is the time to celebrate the new birth of Christ in our world – an awakening of the light! The hope of the world is born and we welcome it into our hearts! Come and join us for this special candlelight service full of music familiar Christmas, ”the post said.
• The White Hall FAMILY CHURCH will be holding a 7 pm Christmas Eve service on each campus – 2500 Highway 104 at White Hall; 721 Sheridan Road in Redfield; and 2309 S. Poplar St. in Pine Bluff, according to its Facebook page. The community is invited to attend.
• ST. JOHN AME CHURCH will be hosting a Winter Vacation Virtual Bible School via Zoom from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. from December 27 to 29 for all age groups (preK to adults). The public is invited to participate. Speakers will be Shaquille Ingram, Ayanna Williams and Brae McDonald. Reverend Cecil L. Williams Jr. is the pastor. Sheryl Kearney is the Director of Christian Education. Details: [email protected]
• UNION AME CHURCH in Little Rock invites the community to virtually attend its special one-hour Christmas Day service on Facebook live at 9:00 am on Saturday and its worship service at 10:30 am on Sunday. The pastor is the Reverend Chestine Sims Jr. of White Hall.
• NEW COMMUNITY CHURCH, 321 N. Birch St., will present its Watch Night service from 7 pm to 10 pm on Friday December 31st. Guest speakers will be Pastors Antoniyo Reed of Grace Empowered Worship Center, William Shaw of Pleasant View Ministries, Greg Smith of City of Love Outreach and Restoration Church, and Esau Watson Jr., Bishop of Judah Restoration Worship Center. The Host Pastor / Apostle is Patrick Lockett Sr.
• UNITY CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP CHURCH, 2712 S. Bay St., invites the community to join them in services. Sunday school begins at 9 a.m. and worship begins at 10 a.m. In addition, on Tuesdays, family home evening begins with Bible study at 6 p.m. and a free course in small business management and personal financial development begins at 7 p.m. The church is practicing social distancing and will have hand sanitizer wipes available.
• OZARK MISSION PROJECT (OMP), a non-profit ministry of The United Methodist Church (UMC), will perform free minor home repairs for those in need in the summer of 2022. Projects include painting, yard work, building wheelchair ramps or making other minor repairs. People who need this help should submit an application for the free projects. The deadline to apply is May 1, 2022, according to a press release. The group will be stationed at Pine Bluff at the First United Methodist Church and will work on projects July 18-21. Applications and details can be found at ozarkmissionproject.org.
Church news is published in The Commercial on Friday. The deadline for submitting church announcements is Wednesday at noon. Articles should be submitted by email to [email protected] Details: (870) 534-3400, ext. 5.