Freezing weather grips the local area, be careful in the cold advice to stay safe, OL Church opens as a warming center
LYME/OLD LYME — It will be very cold today and high winds may continue. The First Congregational Church of Old Lyme opens its Fellowship Hall to anyone who would appreciate its warmth.
If we hear of additional warming centers opening, we will post the details as soon as we receive them.
Old Lyme Emergency Management reminds readers that to help reduce the risk of injury or death, certain safety rules should be followed at all times:
- NEVER use a portable generator indoors or in an enclosed space such as a basement, garage, shed or tent. This can result in CO poisoning or death.
- NEVER use outdoor propane appliances indoors or in enclosed spaces. This can result in CO poisoning or death. These include portable outdoor heaters, barbecue grills and portable generators. Only use indoor appliances that are designed and approved for indoor use.
- NEVER store or place a propane tank indoors or in an enclosed space such as a basement, garage, shed or tent.