Senior Marketing Officer – Episcopal News Service
For 25 years, the Second Breath Center www.secondbreathcenter.com has educated and trained thousands of people at our Greensboro-based School of Christian Wisdom. Our program, courses, workshops and retreats have helped thousands of people deepen their relationship with God; have more meaningful relationships with others; and inject vitality into their lives. We teach and facilitate through a progressive Christian lens and believe that by helping people create space for their unique tricentric inner wisdom (body, heart and spirit), they can discover more peace, presence and joy.
Last year, we created an app that was downloaded by over 4,500 people in 50 different countries and launched an online school. Now we need to reach people who are looking for a more nurturing inner spiritual life and who are looking to live a life of joy and impact.
Our ideal candidate has a strong passion for social marketing, excellent communication skills, an eye for design, content strategy and knowledge to create, deploy and evaluate marketing campaigns in close collaboration with our chief of staff .
- Drive acquisition strategies to increase demand for our offerings through channels including, but not limited to, social media, print, email, trade shows, public appearances, and podcasts
- Coordinate all contacts with media/other constituents and ensure our brand consistently receives print and digital coverage
- Lead social content planning and creation and manage performance across all social media channels/platforms for Second Breath
- Facilitate cross-functional initiatives through strong project management skills with experience using agile working methods preferred
- Use data analytics to demonstrate and improve campaign impact over time for each product, program, or service; following trends and creating content on all major platforms and a willingness to experiment responsibly on emerging digital platforms
- Take the pulse of marketing campaigns, trends and industry news to further strengthen brand partnership opportunities
- Serve as a liaison between sales and marketing and customer care teams to ensure messages and campaigns align with unique public sector market trends, mandates and requirements.
- Brainstorm, strategize, and come up with brand and podcast partnership ideas to grow Second Breath’s audience and grow the customer base
- Working closely with our Marketing/Operations Manager to ensure we achieve all goals and objectives
Skills and experience required
- A minimum of 4 years in marketing, with some experience in social media management
- Exceptional communication skills, proficiency in journalistic writing and editing
- Love for digital communications and a clear ability to bring ideas to life
- Experience with Khoros, Sprout or other leading social media listening and management tools
- Experience and enjoyment of maintaining a consistent visual brand through the creation of graphics, photography and/or video
- Experience with web analytics software such as Google Analytics
- Proven ability as a creative and innovative thinker with demonstrated cross-functional collaboration and leadership
- Organized, detail-oriented, able to juggle multiple projects and timelines at once and able to guide projects from ideation to execution, while meeting deadlines
Desired skills and experience
- MBA or equivalent marketing experience
- Demonstrated interest and success in managing and growing an organization’s social media account
- Mastery of WordPress
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and Canva
- An agile mindset to push projects through decision gates by communicating decision moments and complexities with senior management
We will begin reviewing applications on January 11 and will continue to welcome applications until the position is filled.
- The salary range is $50-65,000/year, depending on
- Benefits include 21 vacation days per year (accumulated monthly) and 10 paid days
- Medical care allowance
- Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
- 12 weeks parental leave with an additional 4 weeks of ramp-up support
- Professional development budget of $1500.00
- Flexible hours worked remotely
Please submit a resume, cover letter and three professional references to [email protected]
Second Breath operates as a distributed team and candidates must be able to work remotely. Successful working in a geographically distributed and collaborative manner requires a demonstrated ability to complete fast, high-quality work, manage a variety of tasks, adapt to changing priorities, work successfully as part of a team and communicate effectively with all segments of an extended community. .
Second Breath is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualiﬁed applicants. Applicants will receive fair and unbiased consideration without regard to race, gender, color, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, elder status combatant, genetic data or any other legally protected status.
*This is an exempt position. Employees in this position receive a monthly salary and are not eligible for overtime pay.